Sovereign citizens remain a major concern to law enforcement and our nation. While the efforts of “knitting clubs” who believe that their “common law grand jury” raised seals hold some mythical powers, are relative harmless, the amount of paper and real terrorism is increasing and has become a burden to the safety of our nation.
A new study conducted by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) reveals the Sovereign Citizens movement is the greatest terrorist threat our nation faces.
Read the report here
“The Sovereign Citizen movement was the most highly ranked threat, with 86 percent of respondents agreeing or strongly agreeing that it was a serious terrorist threat. This is a significant increase in ranking from an earlier survey implemented in 2006-2007, which showed Islamist extremists to be law enforcement’s top concern at the time. In that survey, approximately 67 percent agreed or strongly agreed that Islamist extremists were a serious terrorist threat.”
Point in case
- Man who shot BLM ranger, CHP officer part of ‘sovereign citizen’ movement
- Sovereign Citizen convicted for owning a firearm while being a felon
- Sovereign citizen facing gun charges: my rights come from my creator
- Right-Wing Terrorist ‘Sovereign Citizen’ Busted with Guns, Drugs, Chickens and Bombs
- Right-Wing ‘Sovereign Citizen’ Sets Patriotic Dumpster Blaze to Ambush and Shoot Police
- Sovereign Citizen and Convicted Felon: ‘Your Laws Are Violating My Rights’ to Own Guns
- Maine Tea Party Governor Conspired with ‘Sovereign Citizens’ to Execute Democrats
- Sovereign Citizen’ Opens Fire, Tries to Blow Up Georgia Courthouse
- Assault Rifle-Wielding ‘Sovereign Citizen’ Murders Two State Troopers over $150 Couch
- Police Find Cache of Bombs and Booby Traps Inside Foreclosed Home of Ohio ‘Sovereign Citizen’