Wow… How ironic. While Klayman failed to follow the local rules, the issue is not dead and it will be interesting to find out how this all plays out. How ironic would it be if Orly were to have to testify in this case when she cannot get others to show up at her cases?
2014-01-28 58 0 MOTION for Order to Show Cause by Larry E Klayman. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit 1 — Subpoena Duces Tecum, # 2 Exhibit 2 — Returned Proof of Service, # 3 Text of Proposed Order)(Klayman, Larry) (Entered: 01/28/2014)
2014-01-29 60 0 ORDER denying 58 Motion for Order to Show Cause. Signed by Judge Cecilia M. Altonaga on 1/29/2014. (wc) (Entered: 01/29/2014)
IN UNITED STATES
DISTRICT COURT FOR THE
SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
CASE NO.: 13-20610-CIV-ALTONAGA
LARRY KLAYMAN, Plaintiff, v. JUDICIAL WATCH, et. al. Defendants.
MOTION FOR ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE
Plaintiff Larry Klayman hereby moves this Court to issue an Order requiring Orly Taitz to appear before this Court to show cause why she should not be held in contempt of court. In support of this motion, the undersigned would show unto the Court the following facts and grounds:1.Orly Taitz is a witness to the libelous statements of Defendant Judicial Watch.
2. Plaintiff made several attempts to serve Taitz beginning with the week of January 6, 2014. Plaintiff was told that Taitz was out of town, and it was apparent that Taitz was likely evading service of process.
3. On January 20, 2014 Taitz was personally served at her business address with a Subpoena Duces Tecum requiring Tatiz to appear and testify at a deposition scheduled for January 30, 2014. See Exhibit A.
4. A proof of service was completed and is attached as Exhibit B.
5. Taitz has stated that she is refusing to comply with the Subpoena and will not be appearing for the deposition.
6. Taitz has not filed an objection to the Subpoena with this Court.